Details of countries which has witnessed changes in leadership since the conclusion of the last World Cup in March 2003 :
* Sanath Jayasuriya to Hashan Tillekaratane (Sri Lanka)
- After Sri Lanka lost in the semis of the World Cup , Tillekaratane was appointed as skipper for Test matches . He led the team in ten Tests since then and is now removed after their 0-3 defeat against Australia at home .
* Sanath Jayasuriya to Marvan Atapattu ( Sri Lanka )
- The country decided to have two separate set of captains for Tests and ODIs . Atapattu took charge of shorter version of the game, leading in 16 matches since then.
Steven Waugh to Ricky Ponting (Australia)
- The regular ODI skipper Ponting took charge in the traditional form of cricket after retirement of Waugh early this year . Guided his team to 3-0 victory over Sri Lanka .
* Waqar Younis to Rashid Latif ( Pak )
- After Pakistan's dismal display in the World Cup in South Africa, the fast bowler was replaced by the wicket-keeper Rashid Latif . He led in Three tests and dozen ODIs
* Rashid Latif to Inzamam-ul-Haq ( Pak )
- With his on and off remarks about match fixing controversy , the wicket keeper was sidelined . The man from Multan, Inzamam, then took over and has since led the side in six Tests and 22 ODIs with distinction .
* Shaun Pollock to Graeme Smith ( SA )
- After South Africa's disastrous performance in the World Cup at home , the fast bowler was sacked and replaced by opener Greame Smith . The left-handed batsman , besides good batting display, led the team in 16 Tests and 27 ODIs .
* Carl Hooper to Brian lara (West Indies )
- The all-rounder and middle-order batsman Carl Hooper decided to relinquish the captaincy and also quit cricket after the Windies's poor performance during the World Cup . Since then Lara has been at the helm for 16 Tests and 12 ODIs during which he mustered a world record score of 400 not out .
* Naseer Hussain to Michael Vaughan (England )
- With England doing badly in the World Cup , one down batsman Naseer Hussain first surrendered captaincy from the ODI and then in tests to Michael Vaughan who has so far led the nation in 13 Tests and 15 ODIs .
* Khaled Mashud to Khaled Mahmud (Bangladesh)
- Bangladesh continuous below par run in international cricket saw a change in guard from wicket -keeper Khaled Mashud to Khaled Mahmud . But result wise, it has made little difference to Bangladesh's showing.
* Heath Streak to Tatenda Taibu ( Zimb )
- Pace bowler and steady lower -order batsman Heath Streak resigned after putting up a series of demands which were rejected by the authorities . Diminutive wicket - keeper Tatenda Taibu was given the mantle of captaincy and became the youngest leader in the world and has already led the nation in a one-day series comprising five matches .
Note: Change in captaincy because of injury to the original captain has not been considered.